The best costumes for Halloween 2018
It’s that time of the year again, and by that time, I mean Spooktober! It’s that wonderful time when kids roam the neighborhood streets dressed up as their favorite superhero or princess, hoping to hit the jackpot in candy at every waiting door.
But what about college students? What about the older kids? What did they have in mind? Upon asking several college students at Coastal Carolina, I got all types of responses from males and females about their costume of choice this year.
Here are the top 5 most popular costumes at CCU:
1. Cops and robbers. Junior Christopher Cannon said that “on the first weekend I went out, there was just cops and robbers everywhere. I felt out of place because apparently I was the only one that decided not to be a cop.” It’s very evident that no matter where you go off campus, whether it’s a party or a small social event, there’s bound to be someone (more than likely a couple) dressed up as a cop or a robber, making it number one on our list.
2. Devil. This costume has been popular every year and we don’t think it’s going anywhere any time soon because it’s just so easy to do. Ben Sargalski, a junior Resident Advisor, said that he’s seen “a lot of girls and guys that dress up with the devil horns.”
3. Fortnite characters. Whether you’re on the bandwagon or not, there have been many students dressing up as their favorite character from the popular video game. Georgiajane Pendleton, a sophomore majoring in accounting, has told us that “there have been lots of girls dressing up as the woman on Fortnite that looks like Lara Croft from Tomb Raider.” She also said that she has “seen many guys dress up as John Wick.” John Wick is another favorite from the game.
4. Anything with ears. From bunnies, to cats and dogs, if it has ears, someone will be wearing it. Junior Corey Ward gave his opinion on what is most seen. “I’ll be scrolling through Instagram and just about everyone I see is wearing all black with a headband that has cat or dog ears on it,” he said. Let’s be honest, who doesn’t love cats and dogs?
5. Superhero. Just like the younger kids, this costume will never go out of style. There have been sightings of Superman, Wonder Woman, and of course everyone’s new favorite: Deadpool.